Preventing Child Abduction
If you have any reason to suspect that your child might be abducted, Reunite is the leading UK charity specialising in international parental child abduction.
Reunite provides advice, information and support to parents, family members and guardians who have had a child abducted or who fear child abduction. They also provide advice to parents who may have abducted their child as well as advising on international contact issues.
Reunite has a comprehensive prevention pack available to download from their website and among their points to consider are:
- Fill out a description form for each child.
- Complete a fingerprint form for each child this is especially important in the case of babies and younger children where identity is more difficult to prove.
- Obtain two passport sized photographs of each child and write their name, date of birth and the date the photograph was taken.
- Locate all documents relating to the child/ren including birth certificates, passports, and any court orders.
- Fill out a description form for each person you consider might be a possible abductor.
- Try to obtain a photograph of the possible abductor. Write their name, date of birth, date the photograph was taken and if a group photo, the position they occupy in the picture.
- Obtain your marriage certificate and / or divorce decree.
- Photocopy all of the above and give them to your solicitor.